‘Food Glorious Food’
A Bury-based Food Bank & Drop-in,
taking referrals for those in need of food, across Bury.
As a key stakeholder, we want to ensure that your agency knows about ‘Food Glorious Food’- a new food bank/ drop-in resource, for Bury people.
So what will ‘Food Glorious Food’ offer people in need within our communities?
- A drop-in food bank service – Once a week we’ll provide a drop-in service, for food bank collections, every Wednesday afternoon 1:30pm – 3:30pm, at Freedom Church, 35 Walmersley Road, Bury, BL9 5AE..
- Home deliveries – We’ll offer a home delivery service for people with access difficulties.
- Evening & weekend appointments – We’ll offer an evening and weekend food bank service, strictly by appointment only.
- Sign-posting to specialist services – We’ll signpost people to specialist help and support and we’ll invite professionals along to drop-in’s, as guest speakers.They will provide specialist expert advice and support in specific areas; such as housing, employment, benefits, debt, budgeting, health & well being.…
- More than just bags of food – We’ll provide a welcoming, safe environment with complimentary refreshments and snacks, a friendly face and a voice of encouragement in a time of need.
Criteria/Guidance – our only criterias are: we only accept agency referrals, the people you refer are in need of food & they ordinarily reside in the Bury area. We will provide food for up to 4 weeks, thereafter this will need to be reviewed.
Our aim at Freedom Church, is to work alongside agencies/organisations and existing food re-distributors, who are already doing an incredible job in providing a service to the people of our Town who are experiencing poverty & food poverty. We’re committed to playing our part, in addressing the cyclical issues relating to poverty and food poverty through our food bank model.
So if you’re involved with anyone in need of the service we provide at Food Glorious Food -food bank, then send a referral today!
**Click on the link below to take you to the electronic referral form
**Click on the poster button below to view a printable poster.
We look forward to hearing from you soon and working collaboratively, to support the people in our communities to address food poverty. Please contact us at email@example.com for more details.
‘Together we can make a difference’